Love Your Earth
Listen to the sound of the earth turning
(Yoko Ono, Earth Day, April 22, 2015)
We’ve been promoting the hashtag, #EarthDayIsEveryDay because the impact on climate change is still grossly underestimated. It is one of our key issues because if we ruin our planet, our search for social and economic justice means little.
Mass migrations caused by loss of groundwater due to rising seas, extreme weather and earthquake frequency, and loss of bio-diversity are just a few of the results. We can’t rely on mainstream media to inform us about the risks of climate change, and climate deniers cannot claim they are “skeptics” because that is a word connoting an open mind.
Here are some of the stories we are investigating today that we thought you should know about . . .
- Oklahoma finally agreeing that fracking is causing its very worrisome increase in earthquakes.
- The strongest anti-fracking bill to date is being introduced in Congress, Protect Our Public Lands Act, H.R. 1902, banning fracking on public lands.
- In the fight to save Florida’s fragile Everglades, it all comes back to politics.
- The desecration of the Amazon continues. Pig Iron Plants cause lung problems in rural villages.
- And, more resources, to increase our involvement.