Welcome back to VenusPlusX.
As most of you know at the beginning of 2013 Dan set off suddenly and unexpectedly for the hereafter (Wikipedia, The Advocate, Huffington Post). We had just finished our jointly authored book about the erotic connection to spirituality. It’s working title is The Unseen Journey, and we hope to publish it by the end of this year. We will periodically release short excerpts before publication here to stimulate discussion, and the comments and critiques we so avidly crave.
We again want to thank all the well-wishers who have reached out to our family this year. Many of you have asked about Dan’s amazing Memorial Service (February 23, 2013, Josephine Butler House, Washington, DC), so we have put those materials in a special section devoted to him personally.
During the past year our family and our extended family of VenusPlusX advisors have been recalibrating our new multi-plane relationship with Dan, and figuring out what to do next. Well, next is now, April 2014.
VenusPlusX’s has a new look for 2014, and we look forward to picking up where we left off. Our sister site, VenusMasX en espanol, will be getting a similar boost within a couple of months.
Newcomers can find out more about us, and old friends will enjoy our new streamlined navigation. There’s lots of new content, including our Manifesto for The New Age of Sexual Freedom, to remind our audiences of the diverse mix VenusPlusX puts together everyday, For example . . .
- End Police Bias and Anti-Trans Violence is one of our continuing national advocacy campaigns with a grassroots component that offers communities help in developing a Transgender Day of Action for their city, using a process designed and proven to bring about systematic and sustainable change. Comparable to “Stop and Frisk,” walking while trans or otherwise gender non-conforming invites the same sort of constitution-crushing behavior by culturally challenged public safety officers who set a tone rarely fair to people of color and anyone else that is different from the white hierarchy.
- The always inspiring individual Sexual Freedom Project videos. Maybe it’s time for you to join the cast by making your own declaration of sexual freedom by video or essay. And, we’ll send you one of our sought-after VenusPlusX t-shirts.
- Transleadership and Transunity. This section has been corralled as a safe space to talk about the obstacle to unity faced by our community, both within the trans community and the LGBT community at large.
- The transcendent aspects of sexual response and its direct connection to our role as cosmic citizens.
- Sex Education, particularly for young people, since there is so much out there that constitutes harmful mis-information and the even more depraved and dangerous intentional disinformation propagated at all levels of society, from the family, schools, commerce, governments, and organized religion.
- Sections on Transhuman Erotic Freedom and Sexuality, Freedom, and Cosmic Citizenship focus on dragging sacred sexuality out of the closet to save the world.
- News [link to archive] and opinions, research studies, conferences, etc., that relate closely to our mission to bring about the New Age of Sexual Freedom. Issues such as net neutrality, de-militarization, and racial freedom are all keys to bringing about a new world that is voluntary and mutually supportive as opposed to inhumane, coercive, and enslaving by those who dare to amalgamate power against their fellow human. Sexual and racial freedom are inherited, inherent, and the bedrock of all other freedoms.
- And, we have expanded our Library where among other things, you’ll find a handy table of contents to posts that Dan Massey authored or we co-authored with his byline.