Wikileaks Releasing 5+ Million Emails From Intelligence Company Stratfor
(También en Español)
On Monday Wikileaks began releasing the beginning of over 5 million emails taken from the Global Intelligence Company Stratfor. The information is believed to have been given to Wikileaks by Anonymous, who hacked Stratfor’s servers in December 2011.
According to Wikileaks:
On Monday February 27th, 2012, WikiLeaks began publishing The Global Intelligence Files, over five million e-mails from the Texas headquartered “global intelligence” company Stratfor. The e-mails date between July 2004 and late December 2011. They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal’s Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defence Intelligence Agency. The emails show Stratfor’s web of informers, pay-off structure, payment laundering techniques and psychological methods.
What has been revealed so far?
- Leaked Stratfor Email Suggests Secret U.S. Indictment of WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange
- Leak Suggests Pakistan Knew Bin Laden’s Hiding Place
- WikiLeaks Uncovers Report Showing Homeland Security Monitored Occupy Movement
- Russia gave Israel Iranian codes
As journalists continue to dredge through the leaked emails and more juicy details surface, we’re going to see Wikileaks, yet again, demonized as anti-American terrorists. People are fine with secretive intelligence companies selling US Intel to the highest bidder, but when Wikileaks reveals it for free, they’re terrorists. With only a few hundred emails revealed everyday, there is much more to come. I’m eager to see what gets revealed and beyond that, if anyone is going to be prosecuted over it. More to come.
Latest posts by Jack Diehl (see all)
- High School Students Need Someone to Talk to About Sex Without Shame - July 30, 2012
- Engineered stem cells seek out, kill HIV in living organisms - July 26, 2012
- Taking exception to the concept of ‘American exceptionalism’ - July 24, 2012